SLD갤러리

Harriette Lawler | Harriette Lawler 8

페이지 정보

작성자 SLD 작성일21-05-12 21:27 조회1,250회 댓글0건

본문

fdc18d6785ad7bd55032d8663d4f0bf2_1620822422_07.jpg

fdc18d6785ad7bd55032d8663d4f0bf2_1620822422_38.jpg 

Harriette Lawler - United States

Originally from Louisiana, I moved to NYC after graduating university and art school. In

addition to being a sculptor and artist, I also worked on staff at NYC magazines including

Rolling Stone, the Village Voice, and Popular Mechanics plus freelance magazine work. After 20

wonderful and memorable years in NYC, I now reside in the New Mexico mountains. During my

art career, I have shown my work in Europe, Asia, and the USA with commissions in NYC, Los

Angeles, and London. I have also co-directed 2 artist collective galleries in years past, curated

and organized exhibitions, and currently direct the online Illume International Gallery with 4

other artists on our Illume Advisory Council. Our focus is to provide opportunities, exposure,

and mutual support to our fellow artists via collective exhibitions of high quality and substance.

My own work relates to the changing mental, spiritual, emotional, or earthly landscapes that we

traverse in life. Spaces are defined to convey a particular realm of existence, quest, gesture,

moment in time, or saga and to reflect the dichotomies of life: order/chaos, refinement/rawness,

the primal/the intellect, tranquility/turbulence. I often incorporate ladders, doors, windows and

other literal passageways into my work to represent transits through hardships or difficult times.

However, in some series such as the Arcs/Restrung Bows, Citadel Triad, and the String Band

series, the calmness, harmony, and even joy achieved after these difficult transits are expressed.

My sculptures are often cut from one flat sheet of metal, torched, and then the sculpture pulled

out into a 3D work. This process produces a fluidic quality, which transforms the metal’s natural

rigidity. Other works are assembled by welding or soldering the metal elements. Color in my

work is brought about by torching and/or oxidizing and/or weathering the materials, particularly

copper and steel. Thus in a very literal fashion, I also ‘paint’ with fire and water.

I have recently also started experimenting with digital manipulation and enhancement on photos

of my sculptures, drawings, and other artworks to create a separate but kindred digital artwork —

or 'companion piece’ — to the physical work.

http://www.moonandmountain.org 

https://www.facebook.com/harriette.lawler 

Artwork information :

8. Triune of Fire and Water, copper, aluminum, 56 x 52 x 16.5 cm, 2019

[이 게시물은 SLD님에 의해 2021-07-14 14:14:17 행복갤러리에서 이동 됨]

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

SLD행복연구소 & 행복사다리
대표자 : 정영진 | 사업자등록번호 : 491-21-00894 / 144-82-67646 | Tel : 02-6084-1752
fax : 02-6084-1751 | 주소 : 서울시 용산구 원효로 207(상완빌딩) 503호 | 입금계좌 : 국민은행 490701-01-184905
E-mail : afvision@naver.com
Copyright@에스엘디행복연구소. 2020. All rights reserved.

모바일 버전으로 보기